Corpora: Compounds?

Dimitrios Kokkinakis svedk at hum.gu.se
Fri Sep 21 11:30:11 UTC 2001

> I'm looking for information/literature that has to do with compounds -
> how to (automatically) find them, decompose them etc.

Although it is unclear from your request whether you have any particular
(compound) language in mind, for Swedish a good starting point are:

Brodda B. (1979). Något om de svenska ordens fonotax och morfotax:
Iakttagelse med utgångspunkt från experiment med automatisk morfologisk
analys. Stockholm University

Blåberg O. (1988). A Study of Swedish Compounds. Report 29. University of
Umeå.

There is also a section in:
Kokkinakis D. (1999). A Linguistic Framework for WEB-Based Experiments with
Corpora. Proceedings of the Association Suedoise de Linguistique Appliquee
Symposium (ASLA): Corpora in Research and Teaching. Byrman G. et al. (eds)
Växjö, Sweden.

For German and Spanish see
Klenk U. and Langer H. (1989). Morphological Segmentation Without a
Lexicon. Literary and Linguistic Computing, vol. 4(4):247-253. Oxford
University Press.

Dimitris Kokkinakis
Språkdata
Box 200