Corpora: CFP NTCIR WS3 (2001/2002) Evaluation of IR, Summarization, QA

Noriko Kando kando at nii.ac.jp
Mon Sep 24 11:27:28 UTC 2001

... apology for duplicated post.

The application deadline is reaching. Please register now!

                           CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                    The Third NTCIR Workshop (2001/2002)
        Evaluation of Information Retrieval, Q&A, and Summarization
                       September 2001 - October 2002

               Meeting: October 8-10, 2002, NII, Tokyo Japan
                        enquiries: ntcadm at nii.ac.jp

An evaluation workshop of Asian language text retrieval, Q&A, and text
summarization will be held from September 2001 to October, 2002.
Participation is invited from anyone interested in retrieval of various
kind of text and cross-lingual information retrieval of Asian languages
from large-scale collections, and Q&A and text summarization of Japanese
texts.
   This year we picked five areas of research as task, Cross Language
Retrieval, Patent Retrieval, Question Answering, Automatic Text
Summarization, and Web Retrieval. An optional task is available in
Patent Retrieval and Web Retrieval Tasks. Any proposal using the data
provided are welcome for the optional task and we hope it will provide
an exploratory occasion for new tasks.

[material deleted]

Noriko Kando.
ntcir project