Corpora: CL course

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Apr 18 09:03:37 UTC 2002

Ute,
not sure if this is too late but just in case its helpful:
I noticed your list of respondents overlaps with but isnt identical to
Michael Barlow's list of Courses in Corpus Linguistics at
http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~barlow/corpus.html:

Courses in Corpus Linguistics
- Tutorial: Concordances and Corpora Cathy Ball, Georgetown.
- Gunnel Källgren: Methods and Tools for Large-Scale Corpus Linguistics
- Eugene Charniak: Statistical course
- Elisabeth Burr: Korpuslinguistik course
- Tony Berber Sardinha: Corpus Linguistics courses: 1998-1999; 2000
- Mark Davies: History of the Spanish Language; Assignments and projects
- Chris Brew: Statistical NLP; Probablistic modelling
- Javier Perez-Guerra: English linguistics (written in Galician)
- Bilge Say: Using Corpora for Language Research
- Sabine Reich: Corpus course

Anyone setting up a Corpus Linguistics course in future could check these
out too...

Eric Atwell

--
Eric Atwell, Distributed Multimedia Systems MSc Tutor & SOCRATES Tutor
School of Computing, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT
WWW: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric  EMAIL: eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk