Corpora: Counting semantic propositions (was Relatve text length)

Tadeusz Piotrowski tadpiotr at plusnet.pl
Mon Apr 29 20:11:23 UTC 2002

I know some people love semantic propositions etc., but for me we are
back again in the world of Platonic ideas. I like this discussion group
because language is usually not regarded here as an ideal object. I must
confess I find counting (calculating) ideal objects like semantic
propositions a bit difficult. I find it difficult both as a researcher
and as a practising translator, and I reach for my Quine to find peace
of mind.
Regards
Tadeusz Piotrowski