[Corpora-List] RE: Corpora of Written French

Jean Veronis Jean.Veronis at up.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Nov 5 13:21:31 UTC 2002

At 15:36 01/11/2002 +0000, ZL Handley wrote:
>Hello
>
>Does anyone know of any broad coverage corpora of written French
>which are available freely on the net?

Unefortunately there aren't many French corpora freely available.

>I would like to use the corpus to extract two sets of sentences at
>random from the corpus in order to test the coverage of speech
>synthesiser.

If the subset you need is not too large and composed only of random
sentences, I can probably extract that for you from my own corpora. I could
make such a testset available on the web for other people with the same needs.

Jean Véronis
http://www.up.univ-mrs.fr/veronis/