[Corpora-List] Evaluation resources for English subcategorization acquisition systems

Anna Korhonen Anna.Korhonen at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 18 07:25:11 UTC 2002

EVALUATION RESOURCES
for English subcategorization acquisition systems

We are pleased to announce the availability of resources for evaluating and
comparing the performance of English subcategorization acquisition systems.

These resources, developed at Cambridge University, include:

-  An evaluation corpus and a gold standard for
   a set of 30 test verbs

-  Software which can be used to automatically evaluate
   acquired subcategorization lexicons against the gold
   standard

-  Our results, obtained by the current version of
   Briscoe and Carroll's subcategorization acquisition
   system

We have made our results available for comparison, and would be pleased to
hear about the results obtained by other systems.

You can find these resources at
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/alk23/subcat/subcat.html

They are distributed freely under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Anna Korhonen

Anna Korhonen
Natural Language and Information Processing Group
Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
Phone	(+44) 1223 763 690
Fax	(+44) 1223 334678
WWW	http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/alk23/