[Corpora-List] Corpora with annotated information structure?

Michael Goetze goetze at kronos.ling.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Nov 19 14:53:17 UTC 2002

Dear all,

I am about to build a tool for the automatic annotation of information
structure (with notions like theme, rheme, focus, topic, link, background,
etc.) in a corpus of German newspaper texts.

Looking for

1) other approaches towards automatic and manual annotation of information
structure
  and
2) corpora annotated with notions of information structure

I was a bit astonished about the rather poor outcome of my search (see below).

Do you know of any more relevant works or corpora?

Thanks,
Michael

ps: the results of a first search:

ad 1)

* E. Buranova, E. Hajicova, P. Sgall(2000): "Tagging of Very Large Corpora:
Topic-Focus Articulation." In: Proceedings of Coling 2000, pp. 278-284,
Saarbrücken, Germany, Prague

* Ivana Kruijff-Korbayová and Geert-Jan Kruijff(2002): "Informativity Zoning:
Robust Annotation of Informativity in Corpora" unpubl. poster.

(less relevant:)
* Krista Lagus and Jukka Kuusisto (2002): "Topic Identification In Natural
Language Dialogues Using Neural Networks"
(citeseer.nj.nec.com/lagus02topic.html)

* Steinberger, Bennett (1994): "Automatic Recognition of Theme, Focus and
Contrastive Stress"

* Nobo Komagata (2000):"Identifying Information Structure in Expository Texts"
(citeseer.nj.nec.com/334424.html" }

ad 2)