[Corpora-List] Editor for manual POS tagging

Gerhard van Huyssteen AFNGBVH at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Dec 2 16:11:10 UTC 2003

Dear List members,

We are busy developing an ML POS tagger for Afrikaans but we have no
annotated data to train the tagger.  We are annotating data manually,
but the editor that we are currently using, proved to be insufficient.
We have developed a tagset specifically for Afrikaans, conforming to
Eagles-standards.  Does anyone know of an editor that is adaptable to
the extent that we can implement our own tagset?  It would be a bonus if
the eventual markup could be SGML compliant.

Yours friendly,
Gerhard

__________________________***_____________________________
Dr Gerhard B van Huyssteen
School for Languages || Potchefstroom University for CHE ||
POTCHEFSTROOM || 2531 || South Africa
Skool vir Tale || Potchefstroomse Universiteit vir CHO || POTCHEFSTROOM
|| 2531 || Suid-Afrika

Tel: +27 18 299 1488
Fax: +27 18 299 1562
afngbvh at puknet.puk.ac.za

Hierdie boodskap (en aanhangsels) is onderhewig aan beperkings en `n
vrywaringsklousule. Volledige besonderhede beskikbaar by
http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html, of by
itbsekr at puknet.puk.ac.za
This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a
disclaimer. Please refer to
http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html for full details, or at
itbsekr at puknet.puk.ac.za