[Corpora-List] Non-English learner corpora (also: BNC/WordNet)

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Wed Dec 3 20:04:00 UTC 2003

A quick query, and a response to a previous query:

QUERY:
Is anyone aware of learner corpora of languages other than English --
i.e. corpora of students learning Spanish, German, or Chinese?  I'm
writing a review of a book dealing with learner corpora (in general),
and am somewhat surprised that virtually every article that I can find
on the topic of learner corpora deals exclusively with their use in an
EFL/ESL/TESOL setting.  I just want to make sure I haven't missed
something.

SUMMARY OF RESPONSES TO PREVIOUS QUERY:
Nearly a month ago I posted a query regarding projects that had
attempted to merge together information from the BNC and WordNet.  I
received responses from Pete Whitelock, Dominic Widdows, and Oliver
Christ, and these responses can be found at
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/responses/corpora.htm#3.  Thanks to
these three people, and my apologies for having taken so long to post
the summary.

Thanks,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Assoc. Prof., Linguistics
Brigham Young University
(phone) 801-422-9168 / (fax) 801-422-0906
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu

** Corpus design and use // Web-database scripting **
** Historical linguistics // Functional-typological grammar **
** Spanish and Portuguese historical and dialectal syntax **