[Corpora-List] Tags in Word Smith

Randall Jones randall_jones at byu.edu
Mon Feb 17 17:37:08 UTC 2003

I have a question that I hesitate to ask because I'm sure the answer is
obvious.  I have a tagged German text.  I want to run WordList in  Word
Smith Tools in a way that the tags will differentiate homographs, e.g. sein
(verb and pronoun), da (adverb and conjunction), etc.  I would think that
because the words have different tags that they appear differently in the
list.  However, thus far I have been successful in ignoring the tags or
having them treated as separate words.  In both cases the different uses of
sein etc. are grouped together.

What am I doing wrong?

Randall L. Jones
Department of Germanic & Slavic Languages
Brigham Young University
Provo, Utah 84604  USA
randall_jones at byu.edu
http://humanities.byu.edu/faculty/JonesR.html