[Corpora-List] BritNatCorp problem

Davis, Boyd BDavis at email.uncc.edu
Mon Feb 24 19:53:15 UTC 2003

Dear BNC users:
	Is there anyone who is experiencing problems with running the solve
program?
I have installed the software on a Sun Solaris Unix (big endian) machine.  I
have followed everything correctly that I could see.  I have built the SARA
server correctly, meaning I have no errors or warnings in the Testlog.txt
file.  I created a user under corpadm "guest."  The server starts up and
gives: "Started server" at the command prompt.  When I run the "solve
fishcake" example, I get "connect( ): Connection Refused.  I made the
correction in the solve.c program, line 32:  define BNC_Server "localhost"
as per the reported problems page.  Even when I use the IP address for that
particular machine, I still get the same error: Connection Refused.  Any
help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Please reply to me, compsci_bill at hotmail.com and I'll put the replies
together for the list
Bill Dennis