[Corpora-List] Permanent research jobs, Leeds Univ

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jan 15 21:01:35 UTC 2003

Chair, Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Reader
School of Computing, University of Leeds

Closing date for posts 12 February 2003; see below for full advert

I can give more details of our Computer Vision and Language
research group (or see my webpage!); for more general info, contact
Prof Tony Cohn, Head of School, recruit at comp.leeds.ac.uk

--
Eric Atwell, CVL: Computer Vision and Language research group
School of Computing, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT
WWW: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric  EMAIL: eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Visit http://www.computingLEEDS.ac.uk - our newsletter for industry
--

Chair and Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader

School of Computing, University of Leeds

The University wishes to recruit to a Chair and several other academic
posts within the School of Computing (graded 5 in the 2001 Research
Assessment Exercise). Competitive salaries are available for all the
posts. All relevant areas will be considered, but preference may be
given to those who can strengthen our existing research groups: Computer
Vision and Language, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning,
Multi-disciplinary Informatics, Scientific Computation and
Visualization, Theoretical Computer Science. The School and the
University have made a strategic commitment, backed by over £2M of
funding, to developing a multidisciplinary Informatics Network, covering
the fields of e-business, e-science and e-health. Applicants who can
contribute to its development are especially welcome. Preference may
also be given to candidates who can combine research excellence with
broad teaching skills, enabling us to strengthen our ability to provide
research led teaching across our degree programmes in Computer Science,
Computing, Information Systems and new programmes in Multi-disciplinary
Informatics. Details of teaching skills that would be particularly
valuable are given in the vacancy details.

Chair in Computing

Your academic strength, energy, and vision will contribute to
strengthening Leeds' position as an international research centre in
Computing and Informatics. You will be able to contribute to academic
leadership in the School and to the building of a well funded research
activity of international status.

Professorial (minimum £44,000)

Contact Ann E Milner, Administrative Officer, Human Resources, The
University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT tel: 0113-343-5775, e-mail:
a.e.milner at leeds.ac.uk

Job ref 048-193-002-001

Lecturerships/Senior Lectureships/Readerships

These permanent posts are available in our expanding School. You will be
required to undertake leading-edge research and teaching of the highest
standard within our broadly based degree programmes. Prior experience in
teaching, preferably in higher education, would be an advantage.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in a relevant
discipline.

Salary Lecturer A/B (£22,191-£33,679 pa). For exceptionally well
qualified candidates, appointment at Senior Lecturer or Reader level is
possible (£35,251-£43,067 pa).

Job Ref 048-194-002-007

Application packs are available via e-mail: recruitment at adm.leeds.ac.uk
or online by visiting http://www.leeds.ac.uk/jobadverts/, alternatively
please tel: 0113 343 5771.

Informal enquiries in respect of all posts are welcome and may be made
to Professor Tony Cohn (tel: 0113-343-5482; fax: 0113-343-5468; e-mail
recruit at comp.leeds.ac.uk

See http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk and http://www.informatics.leeds.ac.uk
for further information about the School and the Informatics Network
respectively.

Closing date for posts 12 February 2003