[Corpora-List] Summary.

Wang shoushou slgg6958 at eyou.com
Mon Jun 2 08:57:46 UTC 2003

Dear list members,

I¡¯d like to give a brief summary of my request for the information about the
total frequency of English adjectives in BNC. The following people have
responded to my request and provide useful information.

1. Natalia N. Modjeska
--Here's the link to Adam's page with frequency lists and associated
documentation for BNC:
http://www.itri.brighton.ac.uk/~Adam.Kilgarriff/bnc-readme.html

2. Miles Osborne
--rob malouf's paper on ordering adjectives contains this information:
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/malouf00order.html

3. Sebastian Hoffmann
--Here's a list of adjective tags and how often they can be found in
the BNC World Edition:

+---------+---------+
| tag     |     n   |
+---------+---------+
| AJ0     | 6353313 |
| AJ0_AV0 |   67209 |
| AJ0_NN1 |  422503 |
| AJ0_VVD |   28008 |
| AJ0_VVG |   51927 |
| AJ0_VVN |   51381 |
| AJC     |  196473 |
| AJS     |   91616 |
| AV0_AJ0 |   79817 |
| NN1_AJ0 |  239907 |
| VVD_AJ0 |   16408 |
| VVG_AJ0 |  118635 |
| VVN_AJ0 |  112518 |
| total:  | 7829715 |

Sebastian Hoffmann also answered a more specific question about the uses of
Sara software.

Thanks a lot.

S. Wang

--http://www.eyou.com
--Îȶ¨¿É¿¿µÄÃâ·Ñµç×ÓÐÅÏä  ÓïÒôÓʼþ  Òƶ¯ÊéÇ©  ÈÕÀú·þÎñ  ÍøÂç´æ´¢...ÒÚÓÊδ¾¡