[Corpora-List] neologism finder tools

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jun 12 14:07:59 UTC 2003

Sylvana,
A problem with "retrieving new words in a corpus" is: "new" with respect
to what?  You can easily find all words in a corpus with only one (or
two..) occurrences, which makes them "rare"; but "new" implies
your corpus builds on a larger monitor corpus tracking the language over
time. As I understand it, AVIATOR/APRIL is not just software for a
static corpus but infrastructure for processing a (large) monitor corpus.
Is this what you have?

Eric Atwell

--
Eric Atwell, CVL: Computer Vision and Language research group
Distributed Multimedia Systems MSc Tutor & SOCRATES/JYA Tutor
WWW: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric  EMAIL: eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Visit http://www.computingLEEDS.ac.uk - our newsletter for industry