[Corpora-List] Term Extraction Tool for Russian

Natalia Elo Natalia.Elo at joensuu.fi
Mon Jun 30 14:41:23 UTC 2003

Dear all,

I'm a student at the Savonlinna School of Translation Studies, Finland
and just about to start my MA thesis. I'm going to conduct a research on
automated or to be exact semi-automated term extraction from corpus of
LSP in purpose to compile a glossary. I'm compiling a customs
terminology corpus in Russian. The only software I have available at the
moment is WordSmith Tools. However I would like (if possible) to try
some Term Extraction Tool as well. In the beginning of June I had a
chance to try Trados ExtraTerm and it seemed to work well, but the
license is expensive and therefore we don't have it in our university.

I hope you can recommend me something.

Best regards
Natalia Elo

P.S. I would be very grateful of any information on POS-Tagger or
lemmatizer for Russian as well.