[Corpora-List] Translator_HTML_to_XML

d'Armond Speers speersdl at msn.com
Fri May 2 23:36:38 UTC 2003

>Dear  all,
>
>I'm working on an Internet Query System,
>Can somebody point me to  : any system for translating
>HTML to XML (In Java)?

Hmm, HTML is a form of XML, isn't it?

For converting between different XML specs (as defined by a DTD or XML
Schema), you should take a look at XSLT (XML transforms).  This is an
XML-based programming language.  There are quite a few XSLT processors out
there that include Java libraries, such as Saxon and Xalan.  You write the
XSLT, and apply the XSLT to the input XML to generate the output XML.  Check
out XML, XSL and XML Schemas at the W3C (www.w3.org).

--
d'Armond Speers, Ph.D.
speersd at georgetown.edu