[Corpora-List] Statistical tests for corpus studies

Rayson, Paul rayson at exchange.lancs.ac.uk
Wed May 7 08:31:37 UTC 2003

Dear Josephine,

I would recommend the log-likelihood statistic over chi-squared as it is applicable to a wider range of frequencies. For more details see:

http://ucrel.lancs.ac.uk/llwizard.html

Regards,
Paul.

Dr. Paul Rayson
Director of UCREL
University Centre for Computer Corpus Research on Language
Computing Department, Lancaster University,
Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK.
Web: http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/paul/