[Corpora-List] Message from the Computational Linguistics journal Editor

Priscilla Rasmussen rasmusse at cs.rutgers.edu
Thu May 8 16:05:12 UTC 2003

To the ACL membership,

This year, after ten years as editor of Computational Linguistics, I
will be stepping down.  I am pleased to announce that the ACL
Executive Committee has chosen Robert Dale of Macquarie University as
the next editor.  Please join me in welcoming Robert and wishing him
the best of editorial experiences.

For the 2003 transition, Robert and I have agreed that I will continue
to handle papers submitted before June 1, while Robert will handle
those submitted after that date.  Authors should now be submitting
papers to:

Robert Dale
Centre for Language Technology
Division of Information and Communication Sciences
Macquarie University
North Ryde
NSW 2109
Australia

email:  compling at ics.mq.edu.au
Phone:	+61 2 9850 6331
Fax:    +61 2 9850 9529

All correspondence regarding these papers should, of course, be
addressed to Robert.

I have very much enjoyed my years editing Computational Linguistics.
Thanks to all of you who have helped to make it such a rewarding
experience, especially Graeme Hirst, our Books editor, Pierre
Isabelle, our Squibs editor, members of all the excellent editorial
boards from 1993 to the present, all of you who have submitted
manuscripts and reviewed them for the journal, my colleagues on the
ACL Executive Council, Priscilla Rasmussen, the excellent people I've
dealt with at MIT Press, and my wonderful editorial assistants, Ana
Pereira and Kathy Vesonder.  I am proud of this past decade of our
journal and thank you all for making it possible to produce.

Julia Hirschberg
(Out-going) CL Editor