[Corpora-List] POS taggers and phrase chunkers

Miles Osborne miles at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu May 15 19:22:37 UTC 2003

actually, it is easy to get a tagger (such as brill's) also to do chunking; if
you cast the problem such that the chunks do not overlap and are not nested,
then chunking is the same as tagging.  here's a short paper on how you might go
about doing it:

http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~osborne/shallow.ps.gz

Miles