[Corpora-List] Named Entity recognition software

Miles Osborne miles at inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue Nov 4 11:02:46 UTC 2003

building a named recogniser is fairly easy (you could even get a trainable
tagger to do it ...).  look here for inspiration:

http://cnts.uia.ac.be/conll2003/ner/

you'll see data (english and german) and a set of papers talking about various
systems.  interestingly enough, the technology itself isn't that vital: what is
morere important -as ever- is having good features.

Miles