[Corpora-List] Looking forparallel corpora : French/English scientific articles

Olivier Kraif olivier.kraif at tiscali.fr
Wed Nov 19 08:21:58 UTC 2003

Dear all,
my research team and I (LIDILEM, Université Stendhal, Grenoble, France)
are currently compiling a French/English parallel corpus of scientific
articles (without restriction about the field, and the translation
direction). The aim of this research is to study the methodological
vocabulary from a contrastive point of view.
After the corpus processing (tagging and aligning), we would like to
create a bilingual concordancer, able to give the proper use and
translations of phraseological units, in context (we undertake to
distribute only some lexical examples with a narrow context).
Do you have some translations of your own papers ? Do you have any tips
about where to find such translations (we already have some aligned
papers from the BAF corpus) ? In exchange of the translated articles, we
can send back an alignment of them, with manual verification and
correction.

Thanks a lot,

Olivier Kraif

LIDILEM
Laboratoire de Linguistique et de Didactique des Langues Etrangères et
Maternelles
Université Stendhal - Grenoble 3
38400 Saint-Martin d'Hères
FRANCE