[Corpora-List] Re: ANN: First public release of Morphix-NLP

P. Kaszubski przemkasz at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Nov 25 15:29:37 UTC 2003

I wish I was able to confirm.However, I have not been able to connect
to the download site even though I have tried different days, times,
and platforms. Either the traffic is prohibitive or ... "The server
just suffered from a hardware failure. It will be back soon. Sorry
for the inconvenience" (http://www.nlplab.cn/zhangle/morphix-nlp/)

That explains it. We need to be patient.

Przemek Kaszubski

On 25 Nov 2003 at 10:13, Rob Freeman wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I don't think there is any need to wait till you get a machine with Linux on
> it before you try these tools.
>
> Unless I'm much mistaken the "live" handle on Zhang Le's CD means the Linux
> belongs to, and runs from, the CD. That is, you plug in the CD, and your
> machine is running Linux, with all these tools available.
>
> I think the beauty of it will be the tools are self-contained, ready compiled
> with their own OS, and will run anywhere. You can slip it in your briefcase
> and your tools will always be with you.
>
> Might be wrong though. Is that what everyone else has understood?
>
> Rob
>
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:20, FIDELHOLTZ DOOCHIN JAMES LAWRENCE wrote:
> > Hi, Zhang Le,
> >
> > Just a quick note to let you know that, even though I will probably not be
> > downloading the CD for the time being, I, and I'm sure many others, very
> > much appreciate the work you have put in on compiling this CD, which will
> > make our corpus work considerably easier, no doubt (especially if I get a
> > machine with Linux on it!).
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > Zhang Le wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >   I'm pleased to announce that the first public release of Morphix-NLP
> > >   Live CD is now available for download.

> > > Zhang Le
> > > Natural Language Processing Lab
> > > Northeastern University, P.R.China
> > > http://www.nlplab.cn/zhangle/
> >
> > James L. Fidelholtz
> > Posgrado en Ciencias del Lenguaje
> > Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla     MÉXICO

=======================================
Dr Przemyslaw Kaszubski
t: +48 61 8293515
e: przemka at amu.edu.pl