[Corpora-List] spanglish corpus

Paul van paulvanels at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 12:20:30 UTC 2003

Hello,

I'm a student of Spanish language and literature in Nijmegen, the
Netherlands. Currently I'm writing my final thesis on Spanish in the
United States of America, more specifically the influence of English on
Spanish, and the language that's starting to spread due to language
contact; Spanglish.

In order to be able to write a good paper, I'm still looking (untill now
unsuccessfully) for a corpus of texts in one of the Spanglish regional
varieties. These texts should preferably be of coloquial character and if
possible, should include records of different levels of speech, i.e.
slang, standard and formal speech.

This e-mail address was handed over to me by my teacher and I'm hoping
that you could possibly help me out on my missing link. Any help
whatsoever is of great use to me.

Do you have a corpus of Spanglish texts or do you know of any existing corpus?

Thank you very much,

Paul van Els
student of Spanish
Catholic University of Nijmegen, Netherlands