[Corpora-List] Does On-screen Reading Really Work?

CORPORA CORPORA at infonic.com
Thu Aug 26 12:15:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

Apologies if this is a little off topic (o:

I'm currently researching the phenomenon of on-screen reading compared
to off-screen. There are some basic questions which I am initially
looking to answer. If anyone has any pointers to research concerning
these I would be very very grateful.

Many thanks and regards,

Roy Lipski

======
The questions are:

1. Why do some people prefer to print documents out rather than read
them on screen?

2. Are there particular documents that are more likely to be read
on-screen cf being printed?

3. Are there any demographical differences (eg age, job title,
nationality etc) between who prefers reading on-screen cf print?

4.  Are there particular times or situations when people prefer
on-screen or off-screen reading?

5. Are there particular tasks that people prefer on-screen reading cf
off-screen for?

6. Are there particular formats that people prefer to read on-line vs
off-line?

7. Are there any statistics regarding how much time people spend reading
on-screen?

8. Are there any statistics concerning how many documents people don't
finish reading because they could not find what they were looking for
and / or how much time people spend looking for relevant content within
documents?