[Corpora-List] Re: [Senseval-discuss] Senseval-3 Tasks for WN gloss WSD and FN semantic role assignment

Martha Palmer mpalmer at linc.cis.upenn.edu
Fri Jan 16 23:08:13 UTC 2004

At 02:42 PM 1/16/2004 -0500, Ken Litkowski wrote:
>(Apologies for cross-posting)
>
>I am drawing attention to web pages for interested participants to two
>Senseval-3 tasks (http://www.senseval.org/senseval3), to solicit any
>comments and suggestions before the test data are made available on March 1:
>
>Word-Sense Disambiguation of WordNet Glosses
>http://www.clres.com/SensWNDisamb.html

Its not clear if the testing data will constitute a subset of the
hand-corrected XWN
data.  Has this already been made available to researchers?

>Automatic Labeling of Semantic Roles
>http://www.clres.com/SensSemRoles.html

Ken, you say that 10,000 sentences will be selected randomly for
tagging.  I assume that is the test
corpus.  But people need to have a training corpus that does NOT include
those sentences,  So
you need to go ahead and separate out the training/test data.  Ideally, the
test data should not
already be included in the public release.

Martha