[Corpora-List] might only interest Jonathan Swift fans or students of the histor ical background of corpus linguistics

John Mckenny john.mckenny at unn.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 17:52:41 UTC 2004

Dear Corporists
I am sending this as a curiosity. This published paper grew out  of a
posting I placed on the CORPORA mailing list. It was a brief spate of emails
about the pre-history of Corpus Linguistics. I was slightly piqued by  a
lack of response (I came in at the end of the thread) so I ended up swotting
up on Swift and another publication was born.
Title: Swift's Prescience:a Polite Precursor of Corpus Linguistics.
Journal of Language and Literature   Volume 2 Number 1   ISSN 1478 - 9116
All the best for 2004
John

John McKenny