[Corpora-List] SWEDISH newspaper word frequency list

Donald P Hayes dph1 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 28 17:48:36 UTC 2004

Colleagues:

    I'm having trouble finding a Swedish newspaper word
frequency list.

Do you know of such a corpus from which someone
has extracted a word frequency list showing  each term's
frequency/million.   I found a reference to such a corpus on
the Web claiming to have been based on 46 million words
from an Uppsala newspaper -- but I got no response to e-mails
nor to  telephone calls -- the # supplied was no longer in service.

  I need this for my cross-national study of the levels at which
schoolbooks were pitched in 1st  through 8th grades from
1930 through 2000.  The five nations are  USA, Canada,
New Zealand, Sweden and France.  The US and Canadian
studies are complete.  The Swedish schoolbooks have been
sampled from the Stockholm Institute of Education last Nov.
  and the French sample is well along.

Any suggestions which would help me find such
a Swedish word frequency list would be most
appreciated.

Donald P. Hayes
Professor, Cornell U. Ithaca NY
e-mail  dph1 at cornell.edu