[Corpora-List] diachronic corpus tool

Christopher Brewster C.Brewster at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Sun Nov 7 21:13:22 UTC 2004

We are in the process of constructing a tool for the analysis of diachronic
corpora.

I would be grateful for:
1. Pointers to previous research on diachronic corpora, especially
concerning vocabulary development, terminological innovation etc. rather
than style.

2. Any suggestions as to the kind of questions that would be of interest to
be able to put to such a tool.
 By this I mean, what are the abstract questions one would like to answer.
This is in order to design the query facility more effectively.

I have my own research questions but we do not want to make the tool very
narrow.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Brewster
Angelo Dalli

Natural Language Processing Group,
Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield
Tel: +44(0)114-22.21967  Fax: +44 (0)114-22.21810
Regent Court, 211 Portobello Street
Sheffield   S1 4DP   UNITED KINGDOM
Web: http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~kiffer/