[Corpora-List] corpus of tourist texts

Ute Römer ute.roemer at anglistik.uni-hannover.de
Mon Nov 15 19:05:04 UTC 2004

Dear Caterina,

I don't know of such a corpus, but I thought you might be interested in a
recent topic-related article by Elena Tognini Bonelli and Elena Manca:
"Welcoming children, pets and guests: towards functional equivalence in the
languages of 'Agriturismo' and 'Farmhouse Holidays'", published in:
Aijmer, Karin and Bengt Altenberg (Eds.). (2004). Advances in Corpus
Linguistics. Papers from the 23rd International Conference on English
Language Research on Computerized Corpora (ICAME 23) Göteborg 22-26 May
2002. Amsterdam/New York, NY: Rodopi. Perhaps you can find some pointers on
tourism corpora in that paper.

Best wishes... Ute

Ute Römer
English Department