[Corpora-List] Interlingual Machine Translation Systems (fwd)

Sergey Protasov svp at zuzino.net.ru
Fri Nov 19 12:18:43 UTC 2004

Eric,

There are no good MT systems today at all.
So there are no good opensource MT systems today.

ThoughtTreasure is very big system for teaching and it have bad syntax
parser. (It fails, if senstence have more that 7-10 words)

I recommend you to see link grammar translator for teaching.
http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/submit-to-translator.html
It show very good translations, but It have 20 words in vocab only..

You can add more words... But it is not trivial...

If you intresting in statistical mashine translation, forget I said
before and go to here

http://www.isi.edu/licensed-sw/rewrite-decoder/

It simple, but you will do not know how it works..

--
Sergey Protasov
PhD student in Computational Linguistics,