[Corpora-List] appeal for learner corpora

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 12:53:26 UTC 2004

Francesca,

ICAME Journal http://nora.hd.uib.no/journal.html
has several freely-downloadable papers on learner corpora, including:

Norma Pravec, Survey of learner corpora. ICAME Journal 26:81-114, 2002.

Dolores Ramírez Verdugo, Non-native interlanguage intonation systems:
A study based on a computerized corpus of Spanish learners of English.
ICAME Journal 26:115-132, 2002.

Margareta Westergren Axelsson and Angela Hahn, The use of the progressive
in Swedish and German advanced learner English: a corpus-based study.
ICAME Journal 25:5-30, 2001

Eric Atwell, Peter Howarth and Clive Souter, The ISLE Corpus: Italian and
German Spoken Learners’ English. ICAME Journal 27:5-18, 2003

Emi Izumi, Kiyotaka Uchimoto and Hitoshi Isahara, SST speech corpus of
Japanese learners’ English and automatic detection of learners’ errors.
ICAME Journal 28:31-48, 2004.

These should make a good starting point for you!

regards,

Eric Atwell

--
Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Computer Vision and Language research group,
School of Computing, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT, England