[Corpora-List] List of English consonant clusters?

Dinoj Surendran dinojs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 23:13:47 UTC 2004

Here's an indirect answer, dragged out from a project I worked on some time ago.

The file http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~dinoj/icsi97syl.disc.gz
has syllable-level transcriptions of conversational English from part
of the Switchboard corpus. You could write a perl script that got
clusters from it. Here's some example lines from the file:

zV-jI-5-bi-j at w-wEr-D{t
xEs-nQ-t5-b{d
rY-i-P-Qrm-s$z-u-lu-bI- at -s3-H

Syllables are separated by hyphens. The transcription is in DISC
format, explained here:
http://www.let.uu.nl/~Hugo.Quene/personal/phonchar.html

Dinoj