[Corpora-List] Lists/distributions of common learner's errors in written English

David Parkinson davpark at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 4 22:50:09 UTC 2004

Hello all:

I wonder if anyone out there can point me in the direction of lists or
corpora of learner errors in written L2 English, either in electronic
format or hard copy. I am aware of the existence of the ICLE corpus, but
am assuming that more sources of such information might exist. It would
be ideal to find a list/corpus extensive enough to have credible
frequencies associated with the observed errors (or error categories),
but even typical examples would be a start. I'm most interested in
problems with lexical selectional (including things like article choice
& bound preposition errors) and collocation infelicities, as opposed to
cohesion and other text-level problems.

I will happily provide a summary of responses if people reply directly
to me.

Many thanks in advance.

David Parkinson
Natural Language Group