[Corpora-List] DDL- Summary of responses

antonia at um.es antonia at um.es
Tue Oct 26 11:19:46 UTC 2004

Dear members,

as I promised here is the summary with the responses I got about up-dated
bibliography on DDL.

-Dr Przemyslaw Kaszubski from Poland kindly sent me his up-dated bibliography
covering not only DDL, but
COMPREHENSIVE CORPORA BIBLIOGRAPHY:
http://www.staff.amu.edu.pl/~przemka

- Laura Gavioli pointed out some studies carried out at the University of
Bologna. They  are collected in:
Aston, G. (ed) 2001. Learning with corpora. Athelstan (available on Mike
Barlow's web page at Athelstan). She also pointed out:
Aston, G. e L. Gavioli 2001. "Enriching reality: a contribution to the debate
on language corpora in language pedagogy". ELT Journal, 55/3. Reprinted in B.
Seidlhofer (ed.) 2003, Controversies in Applied Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford
University Press.

- Chris Butler sent me two references, one of them also mentioned by John
Sinclair:
Sinclair, J. McH. (ed.) (2004) How to use Corpora in Language Teaching.
Amsterdam and
Philadelphia: John Benjamins.

Butler, Christopher S (2000) Corpus linguistics and the teaching and learning
of languages. In
P. Gallardo and E. Llurda (eds.) Proceedings of the 22nd International
Conference of
AEDEAN (Asociación Española de Estudios Angloamericanos), Lleida, 17-19
December
1998, 15-27.

Many thanks to all of them.

Antonia