[Corpora-List] QM analogy and grammatical incompleteness

Ken Litkowski ken at clres.com
Thu Dec 22 17:07:39 UTC 2005

As long as we're on a QM trip, how about an excursion into QCD (quantum
chromodynamics), where an important constituent is the particles that
mediate various forces.  While we may think of semantic primitives
(e.g., a la Wierzbicka) as analogous to protons and neutrons, etc., what
about primitives of semantic relations, as reified substantially via
prepositions?  Or, is this a stretch?

	Ken
--
Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
CL Research                       EMAIL: ken at clres.com
9208 Gue Road
Damascus, MD 20872-1025 USA       Home Page: http://www.clres.com