[Corpora-List] semantic similarity

Jana Diesner jdiesner at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 20 16:36:20 UTC 2005

Dear list members,

We are looking for strategies, algorithms or code to automatically find
single terms or multiple adjacent terms that are semantically similar within
and across documents. The approach must not require POS tagging or an
initial input of a reference term to the system. The resulting clusters of
semantically similar terms suggested by the system do not need to be
exclusive. We are familiar with secondstring, the software developed by
William Cohen, and semantic similarity based on string-edit distances.

Thank you very much.

Jana

Jana Diesner
Carnegie Mellon University