[Corpora-List] My semantic prosody questionnaire

Przemek Kaszubski przemka at amu.edu.pl
Mon Jan 24 22:41:52 UTC 2005

I'd say as much as semantic prosody relates to (typical) (expressive)
connotation. A good treatment of the connotation-prosody relationships
is in chapter 4 of Partington's Patterns and Meanings (1998), which I
would recommend to Irena if she hasn't seen it. On the other hand, I
believe marrying corpus and elicitation/questionnaire data is
methodologically a sound idea (cf. Prof. Grenbaum's studies on adverbial
usage etc), though one surely needs to be very careful with the design
and hypotheses.

Przemek Kaszubski