[Corpora-List] DRH 2005 - call for registrations

Mcenery, Tony a.mcenery at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 11:14:13 UTC 2005

**Digital Resources for the Humanities** conference (DRH 2005), 4th-7th
September 2005 Lancaster University, UK ( http://www.ahds.ac.uk/drh2005/
)

REGISTRATION for DRH 2005 is now open: see
http://www.ahds.ac.uk/drh2005/registration.php.

Registration will remain open until FRIDAY 12th AUGUST. (While we will
accept late registrations, we cannot guarantee
accommodation at the University for any registrations received after
12th August.)

PROGRAMME
=========

The keynote speakers are:
-- Lou Burnard (Oxford University Computing Services, UK)
-- Neil Silberman (Ename Center for Public Archaeology and Heritage
Presentation, Belgium)

***A full list of papers accepted for the conference is available*** at
http://www.ahds.ac.uk/drh2005/papers.php?first_letter=all .

At this, the tenth DRH conference, we will focus on critical evaluation
of the use of digital resources in the arts and humanities. What has the
impact really been? What kinds of methodologies are being used? What are
the assumptions that underlie our work? How do we know that the work
that we accomplish is truly new and innovative? How does technology
change the way that we work?

The Conference will also address some of the key emerging themes and
strategic issues that engagement with ICT is bringing to scholarly
research in the arts and humanities, with a particular focus on advanced
research methods. What sort of research does ICT in the arts and
humanities enable researchers to do that could not be done before at
all? Does this enable 'old' research to be done in a significantly new
way? In what ways does the technology serve the scholarship? Similarly,
what are the key aspects of virtual research environments
("cyberinfrastructure") which can facilitate collaborative research?

Tony McEnery,
Professor of English Language and Linguistics,
Dept. Linguistics and Modern English Language,
Lancaster University,
Bailrigg,
Lancaster,
LA1 4YT.