[Corpora-List] any opinion or argument on Language, Vol. 81, no. 2 (June, 2005

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.cis.ru
Fri Jul 15 14:43:47 UTC 2005

Dear Corpora colleagues, I wonder if you did buy into the article published in Language, Vol. 81, no. 2 (June, 2005, about which Jim Marchand wrote. (see below). He did not buy into it. But why, if he stated that it was "well done and well documented". I could not understand Jim. If he liked it then he bought into it. Am I right? If he didn't, then it is not "well done and well documented". I wish I could hear more comments on this article. Looking forward to hearing from you to yutamb at hotmail.com I am interested in the phylogenetics of language, on cladistics, language classification and the use of a more rigorous `mathematical' approach to reconstruction and taxonomy in linguistscs.  Remain your sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk Ped. University (KF), Russia