[Corpora-List] interactive alignment interfaces

Joerg Tiedemann tiedeman at let.rug.nl
Thu Jul 28 10:40:13 UTC 2005

I have a prototype of an interactive sentence aligner and another one
for interactive word alignment using web-based interfaces. They are
part of Uplug (http://sourceforge.net/projects/uplug/) and you may try
them with small sample texts at

http://www.let.rug.nl/~tiedeman/__align_test/isa.php
(interactive sentence aligner)
http://www.let.rug.nl/~tiedeman/__align_test/ica.php
(interactive word aligner)

(Be nice to our server! - I might take the scripts away if it
starts to get too busy! - But I thought I might risk it to put them
on-line for a short while. I have a ulimit of 5 seconds for running
alignments. Don't get confused if it times out ...)

Current features of the sentence aligner:

- automatic alignment with Gale&Church's approach
  (click on 'align')
- a simple cognate filter to add hard-boundaries
  (press the 'cognates' button)
- adding hard-boundaries using structural (XML) tags
  (there are no useful ones in the test corpus)
- manually adding/removing hard-boundaries
  (click on corresponding sentences)
- saving/sending results in 3 different formats
  (XCES with external pointers, simple TMX, plain text)

Current features of the word aligner:

- uses the Uplug clue aligner (with existing clue collections)
- alignment visualization (matrix style)
- select clue types and weights
- add/remove links (click on corresponding cells in the matrix)
- open/search the clue collections
- save alignment results (disabled in the demo)

More information can be found at
http://www.let.rug.nl/~tiedeman/__align_test/doc/isa.html
http://www.let.rug.nl/~tiedeman/__align_test/doc/ica.html

I'm looking forward to get your feedback!

best,

Jörg Tiedemann

**  Jörg Tiedemann                 tiedeman at let.rug.nl             **
**  Alfa-Informatica               http://www.let.rug.nl/~tiedeman **
**  Rijksuniversiteit Groningen     Harmoniegebouw, room 1311-429  **
**  Oude Kijk in 't Jatstraat 26    phone: +31 (0)50-363 5935      **
**  9712 EK Groningen               fax:   +31 (0)50-363 6855      **