[Corpora-List] POS tagger & syntatic parser

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jun 7 08:43:08 UTC 2005

Vander,

try the Python NLTK Natural Language Tool Kit, http://nltk.sf.net/

- this is a teaching-oriented tool kit with tutorial files, demos,
online help/documentation etc developed at U Penn to use in teaching
linguistics AND compuitng students about language analysis, POS-tagging,
parsing etc.  It includes several PoS-taggers and parsers, you have to read
the documentation to decide which is best suited to your own application.

And like everything else at SourceForge, it's free.

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

--
Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Computer Vision and Language research group,
School of Computing, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT, England