RES: [Corpora-List] looking for a corpus of nominal compounds

William Fletcher fletcher at usna.edu
Thu Jun 9 07:49:15 UTC 2005

Hello Vander,

Yes, they are available, although some Brazilian users (mainly from the São Paulo area) have reported problems accessing them.

There are two workarounds for people in your situation:

1.  access an older version of the database (not all features available due to storage limitations; some inaccuracies in counts)
  http://www.kwicfinder.com/BNC/explore.html

2.  let me know what you want and I'll run the queries for you.  If you cannot access
  http://pie.usna.edu
you probably cannot email me at USNA either; use
  fletcher at kwicfinder.com
instead

To all users who have tried unsuccessfully to access http://pie.usna.edu:
Please write me at kwicfinder.com so I can attempt once more to resolve the problem.
If demand warrants I may proceed with creating a "proxy server" on kwicfinder.com to permit users to access the up-to-date site at pie.usna.edu indirectly.

Best regards,
Bill

>>> "Vander Viana" <vander.viana at terra.com.br> 06/08/05 2:18 PM >>>
Bill,

I wonder if the sites you have mentioned are still available on the
Internet.  I couldn't access them.

Best,
Vander