[Corpora-List] Lexicon with semantic features needed

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Wed Jun 15 05:38:50 UTC 2005

Dear Jonathon,

The Word Sketch Engine (http://www.sketchengine.co.uk - self-register for a
trial account) has this kind of information available.  It also has an API
for accessing the information according to your specifications.

It'll take a bit of thinking about to work out exactly what you want - you
could work simply from the MI of "drunk person" and "drunk spoon", but a
more general solution, less subject to data sparseness, would also use the
built-in thesaurus.  There are also possibilities for using a semantic
tagger such as the one developed at Lancaster

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/research/ucrel/usas/

to either enrich corpus data to support more specific queries, or in other
ways,

Regards,

	Adam Kilgarriff