FW: [Corpora-List] problems with Google counts

Jean Veronis Jean.Veronis at up.univ-mrs.fr
Wed Mar 16 16:10:55 UTC 2005

Antoinette Renouf a écrit :

>The latest problem for the users of our
>WebCorp search tool is Google's abandonment of the wildcard ('*')

Yes, this is a disaster for linguistic uses. I was about to wrote
something on my blog about this. At the same time, it was the last
advantage in using Google as opposed to Yahoo (whoses counts are much
more credible). It seems that "Google linguistics" is dead.

>As a longer-term solution, however, we shall be launching a new version
>of WebCorp later this year, which works directly with our own tailored
>search engine.

Bravo !

--j
  http://aixtal.blogspot.com