[Corpora-List] Turkish lexical database

Messer, M.H. (Marielle) M.H.Messer at fss.uu.nl
Wed Mar 23 12:02:08 UTC 2005

Dear Sir/Madam,

In search for a Turkish lexical database I came to the address of LDC,
who directed me to your address (see the e-mail below). For my research
on school language development of Turkish immigrant children in The
Netherlands I want to create tasks with Turkish words and non-words, to
test the phonological working memory of the children. To create these
tasks, I need information about word and phoneme frequencies in the
Turkish language. For the Dutch language we make use of CELEX, but for
the Turkish language I have no idea whether such databases exist, or any
frequencielists whatsoever.

I am looking for:
a large reliable lexical database, similar to celex.
including: a list of Turkish word lemmata, their lengt, and their log
frequency per million.
In the format:
10\kerkganger 0.3010
12\kerkgangster 0.0000
10\kerkgebouw 0.3010
15\kerkgenootschap 0.9031

Do you maybe have access to such a database, or knowledge about its
existence? Or any frequencylists in Turkish?

Thank you very much in advance,
Kind regards,

Marielle Messer

M.H. Messer phd