[Corpora-List] Re: problems with Google

Jean Veronis Jean.Veronis at up.univ-mrs.fr
Sat Mar 26 07:41:55 UTC 2005

Marian Olteanu a écrit :

>It looks like Google resumed the support for the wildcard ("*").

It goes back and forth. I posted this yesterday, but it seems that it
did not go through. I'll try again :

---

For those still interested in "Google linguistics" : Google is still
unstable, and its various data centers are divided in three different
groups with very different results. Clearly the update is a difficult one !

If you want to see a snapshot, I made one this morning :

http://aixtal.blogspot.com/2005/03/google-snapshot-of-update.html

The good news is that in the DC group  that seems to be updated (e.g.
66.102.7.104), the "*" operator seems to work as it used to.

Try this search:

http://66.102.7.104/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=%22the+*+cat%22&btnG=Search

But who knows what will be the stable state if there is one, after this
Saint-Vitus dance ?

--j
 http://aixtal.blogspot.com