[Corpora-List] Corpus from Blogs required.

Jean-Phi jpprost at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 22:35:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

> In the absence of such corpus and APIs, I am thinking of doing this by
> 1] using RSS, ATOM feed parsers on some OPML files to get URLs for blog posts
> 2] Extracting the text (easier if the blog template format is known)

It might not be that easy: I suspect that many blogs use some sort of
Content Management System, which basically means that the texts are
stored in a database, and are only presented in the blog dynamically,
on request.In such cases my guess is that you'll probably need to know
a minimum about the database structure in order to query it --unless,
of course, the site provides you with an RSS feed. Or do I miss
something?

Some blog host sites may sometimes also couple the dynamic rendering
with a permanent html link for each text. http://www.blogger.com/ (now
owned by google) does provide both these features: RSS feed and
permanent link. I don't hold any shares, though...

Cheers,
--
  Jean-Philippe Prost
    Centre for Language Technology