[Corpora-List] evaluation methodology

Chris Jordan cjordan at cs.dal.ca
Tue Nov 15 14:59:10 UTC 2005

Hey Siham,

Do you have any way of identifying subsets of related documents in your
corpus? Such subsets can be target documents sets for different types of
queries. I have developed a method called Controlled Query Generation
(CQG) that creates sets of queries for "predefined relevant sets"
specifically for evaluating document retrieval algorithms. For more
information on CQG you can look at my thesis work:
http://www.chrisjordan.ca/research/thesis05.pdf

Good Luck,