[Corpora-List] REUTER corpus online?

Serge Sharoff s.sharoff at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 16 10:57:39 UTC 2005

Luis,

we have an online interface to the Reuters corpus (indexed by
CorpusWorkbench).  It's available from:
http://corpus.leeds.ac.uk/

Because of the agreement with Reuters the access is mostly limited to
inhouse research.  However, we can provide a password for
research-related concordancing.

As for Portuguese, if you have a reasonable list of words frequent in
Portuguese newswires and a tagger/lemmatiser, a corpus like this can be
collected from the web.  See the Wacky initiative:
http://wacky.sslmit.unibo.it/

Best wishes,
Serge

--