[Corpora-List] Information sought on use of corpora in language testing

Fiona Barker Barker.F at cambridgeesol.org
Fri Sep 30 10:35:18 UTC 2005

Fellow list members

I am preparing a review chapter on the use - past, present & future - of
corpora in language testing to be published next year. I work for a
UK-based exam board and would be interested to hear about what has been
done to date or is being planned in the UK and other countries. I would
like to ensure as wide a coverage in my review as possible.

If you know of any references on the use of corpora in relation to the
assessment of any language or have any related information please
contact me off-list and I will post a response. I would appreciate any
suggestions by the end of October.

Please forward this request to colleagues or let me know if there is
another suitable mailing list for this request.

Thank you in advance.
Fiona Barker

Dr Fiona Barker
Validation Officer